Tuition & Payment of Fees
Tuition & Payment of Fees
Also referred to as the Business Office, the Fiscal Office is staffed with individuals to meet a variety of student needs. Students may make tuition, fee, and other payments to the cashier, make payment arrangements and resolve account issues with the student accounts manager, or obtain student refunds from the accounts payable specialist.
Operating hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with extended hours during peak registration periods.
TUITION AND FEES
Upon registering for courses, students receive a student data sheet/invoice. In order to complete registration, all charges must be paid, or arrangements for payment must be made through the Fiscal Office. Students whose education is being supported by an external agency, or who have applied for and are eligible to receive student financial assistance, need to present an LCC Student Credit Authorization to the Fiscal Office. An LCC Student Credit Authorization may be obtained from the Office of Student Financial Assistance.
All charges incurred in connection with college attendance are payable in advance of the services rendered. Tuition, fees, and other charges are subject to change at any time by the Board of Trustees. The payment deadline is the day before classes begin. Failure to pay or make arrangements for payment may result in disenrollment. Consequently, the student must register in accordance with the registration calendar. The student is responsible for payment of all financial obligations when due. Failure to do so will be sufficient cause to:
- prevent further registration
- withhold academic records
- withhold release of academic transcripts and diplomas
Student financial assistance payments will generally be posted to qualifying student accounts to pay for educational expenses. Any balance remaining from the applied payment will be refunded to the student within a two-week period. Students receiving student loans are required to pay their account balance in full before receiving their loan check.STUDENT INDEBTEDNESS
The college reserves the right to cancel the registration of students who fail to pay, when due, any indebtedness to the college subject to board policies and administrative procedures.
CALCULATION OF TUITION AND FEES
Tuition rates for the 2016-2018 academic year are assessed according to the following matrix based on the student’s official residency classification. Tuition and fee rates for 2015-2016 and 2017-2018 will be published in each term’s schedule of classes' booklet.
|Credit Hour||NM Resident In-District||NM Resident Out-of-District||Out-of-State||Senior Citizen|
|7||$245.00||$336.00||$637.00||See last row in related column for additional credit hours|
|Each Add'l Credit Hour||$35.00||$48.00||$91.00|
The tuition rates reflected above are applicable to fall, spring and summer terms. Additionally, reduced tuition rates for out-of-district and out-of-state apply only to total enrollment of six (6) credit hours or less. Full rates apply to ALL credit hours once the student enrolls for more than six (6) credit hours with the exception of senior citizen rates. Tuition and fee rates are subject to change without notice. Registration and laboratory fees are not included in the above chart.
REGISTRATION AND LABORATORY FEES
In addition to the tuition costs, every student is assessed a registration and laboratory fee per semester, as well as other applicable fees. Fees are subject to change without notice.
A non-refundable registration/activity fee is assessed to all students each term.
A non-refundable laboratory fee is assessed to all students each term. This fee is used to help with the cost of duplicating materials for students, costs associated with the course/lab offerings and other incidental costs that may arise.
|Academic Transcript Fax Fee||$10.00|
|Academic Transcript Fee||$2.00|
Noncredit courses are designed primarily for community education & personal enrichment. Community education fees are nonrefundable.
COMPASS Retake Fee
Students will only be allowed one (1) retake of the COMPASS per semester, if necessary (see COMPASS placement matrix at the LCC website).
|Credit by Examination Fee||$Variable|
Fee is based on the regular tuition charge of the specific course.
|Dishonored Check/Charge Card Fee||$15.00|
|Distance Learning Fee||$25.00|
A nonrefundable per course fee is applied to all Blackboard and ITV receiving site courses. Only courses with an E or R code in the course number are charged this fee. For example, ECON208E and CJ111R.
A one-time, nonrefundable graduation fee is charged for each earned certificate or degree. The graduation fee is to be paid prior to graduation during the graduation clearance process.
|Special Course Fee||$Variable|
Fees vary and are dependent on the course offered.
|Student ID Card Replacement Fee||$5.00|
|Student Sticker Fee||$5.00|
Full payment of a delinquent balance is required prior to registering for classes.
Payment plan requirements for new charges are as follows:
- $13.00 Registration Fee
- $10.00 Laboratory Fee
- 33% of assessed tuition charges
- 25% of total bookstore charges
- Student agrees to Promissory Note terms
Note: Fees are subject to change without notice. In some programs, supplies/equipment are required and should be purchased by the student at the beginning of each term. Students are strongly encouraged to contact course instructors regarding any potential additional costs.
SENIOR CITIZEN REDUCED TUITION
A person that has reached their fifty-fifth (55) birthday by the third Friday of classes may request a reduction in tuition. The senior citizen charge will be five dollars ($5.00) per credit hour up to 6 credit hours each semester. The student is responsible for payment of all registration, course, and laboratory fees. The senior citizen reduced tuition does not apply to community and continuing education courses.
Regular terms are cash-in-advance for the semester or session. See payment plan above.
Students that officially withdraw from courses may qualify for a refund, either in full or in part. This refund policy is applicable to standard duration courses. Complete withdrawal refunds will be calculated on a case-by-case basis for short-term courses. Refunds will be calculated according to the following guidelines:
- Fees linked to a course are generally non-refundable. The only exception to this rule is in the case where the course is cancelled due to lack of enrollment, provided the student is not enrolled in any other course(s).
- A student who drops any course during the add/drop period will receive full reimbursement of tuition. Refer to the academic calendar or schedule of classes for specific dates of the add/drop period.
- Once the add/drop period has expired, there will be NO REFUND of tuition or fees associated with dropped courses unless the student completely withdraws from LCC.
- A student who completely withdraws from all courses after the add/drop period has expired will receive a partial tuition reimbursement according to the refund schedule outlined below.
TUITION REFUND SCHEDULE FOR COMPLETE WITHDRAWAL
|Fall and Spring Semester||Percentage|
|First five days after expiration of drop period||90%|
|Six to fifteen days after expiration of drop period||50%|
|Sixteen to twenty-five days after expiration of drop period||25%|
|After twenty-fifth day||0%|
|Summer and Eight-Week Sessions||Percentage|
|Three days after expiration of drop period||90%|
|Four to ten days after expiration of drop period||50%|
|Eleven to sixteen days after expiration of drop period||25%|
|After sixteenth day||0%|
The following conditions apply to students who completely withdraw from all courses:
- The days in the refund schedule are counted Monday-Friday, excluding holidays. Days are counted beginning on the first day of classes for a given term. These dates are published in this catalog as well as the schedule of classes.
- Any student requesting a refund must submit a Complete Withdrawal form. Refunds will be mailed unless the student notifies the Fiscal Office the credit is to remain on the account.
- Refunds will be based on the official withdrawal date posted by the Office of the Registrar.
- Students who have been dismissed or suspended from the college are not entitled to any refund.
- This refund schedule does not apply to NON-REFUNDABLE registration and laboratory fees.
- Students withdrawing online from all courses through the Pathways website must notify the Fiscal Office as the online withdrawal system is not integrated and there is no other notification to trigger the refund process.