Military Studies Online
Why choose a career in Military Studies?
The Military Studies Program prepares students for service in the military. It is designed for individuals serving in the profession and as a preparatory program for individuals seeking a career in the military. The curriculum provides coursework in communication skills, organizational behavior, teamwork, motivation and the decision-making process. An emphasis is placed on leadership skills.
What will I learn in the Military Studies program at LCC?
- Communicate information utilizing writing and speaking as tools to make clear, logical arguments and summarize important parts.
- Apply skill of research to demonstrate knowledge of the structure and doctrines of the armed forces.
- Describe the moral and ethical concerns raised through the study of the relationship of the military to society and technology.
- Discuss and apply the various methodologies and approaches to the study of history, political science, and international relations in a military context.
- Articulate the fundamentals of military planning, organization, and leadership being utilized in today’s armed forces.
- Articulate the importance of military as an instrument for the preservation of peace rather than the waging of war.
Click to see the courses needed to earn your Associate of Applied Science Degree in Military Studies. Also see the recommended track.
For more information, please contact:
Name: Debbie Trujillo
Name: ACCESS Center
To begin your enrollment process or register for classes, go to: https://pathways.luna.edu